Welcome to Belize
Capital: City of Belmopan
Size: 8,867 sq mi (22,965 sq km)
Spectacular natural attractions and the excitement of discovering Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret draw travelers from around the globe, promising both relaxation and the richly rewarding authenticity they seek in a genuine Caribbean getaway. Nestled between Mexico and Guatemala on the Caribbean coast of Central America, Belize is one of the few remaining unspoiled places on earth.
The longest barrier reef in this hemisphere, home to the Great Blue Hole, hundreds of islands, snorkel and dive locations.
Hundreds of ancient Maya sites both excavated and jungle-covered.
Lush tropical rainforest with many species of birds, and exotic tropical flora and fauna.
Over ten friendly, English-speaking and diverse cultures of Belize invite you to share our natural and cultural heritage served with warm Belizean hospitality as we:
- Share delicious local dishes, colorful arts and crafts, foot-tapping music, and local traditions.
- Guide you on bird-watching treks, river kayaking trips and cave-tubing expeditions.
- Lead you through coral gardens on a scuba-dive or hold your hand on your first snorkel excursion.
- Climb with you on the highest Maya temple of Belize or share the artifacts in our museums.
- Pamper you at a spa or fine restaurant as you quietly relax.
Whatever aspect of Belize piques your interest, we will do our best to ensure that your experience is a positive and memorable one – enticing you to return to Belize again and again.
Extract from Belize Tourism Board website http://www.travelbelize.org